Student Success Center: What does it take for college students to be successful?
Six key factors found to contribute collectively to student Success:
- Students should have a goal and know how to achieve it.
- Students need to be focused and able to stay on track—“eyes on the prize!”
- Students need to be in a community that wants to help them to succeed.
- Students need to be engaged and actively participate in class and extracurricular activities.
- Students need to feel like they are part of the college community.
- Students need to know that their skills, talents, abilities and experiences are recognized; and that they have opportunities to contribute on campus and feel their contributions are appreciated.
---Action Guide: Exploring Ways to Improve Student Support at Your College | Fall 2013